Monday, April 30, 2012

How we got here

I met my husband (who may be referred to on this blog as hubs, DH (dear husband), hubby) over 10 years ago in a pub. I arrived fashionably late at which time the pub was absolutely packed and there was nowhere to sit. DH got up and immediately offered me his chair and then somehow snagged an extra chair and moved in right beside me. I don’t remember what we talked about that night, but when we spoke he looked me straight in the eyes… and his smile! It still melts me from the inside out when he smiles like that. The rest, as they say, is history. Since that time he has been my absolute rock through some very challenging years, family illness, going back to school and renovating two homes (well almost – we’re still working on number 2!). I think it’s safe to say we make a pretty awesome team and I am thrilled to be working on our latest project together – building a family of our own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment