Wednesday, April 23, 2014

TTC - Take Two

It's true... We're heading into round two of TTC. In thinking about it recently, I went back and read some of my posts from 2 years ago and feel really thankful that it's (somewhat) documented. So, here I am - writing again. Or at least I'm going to try to write again. 

Even having been through it once, it's amazing how similar my feelings and fears are around the TTC process. How long will it take? Can I actually get pregnant? Am I ovulating? But then it's magnified by - what if I can't? Knowing what a wonderful, magical, miraculous time pregnancy is, how it feels to bring another person - my person - into the world and watch them grow... WHAT IF I CAN'T DO THAT AGAIN? Because I really, really want to. At LEAST one more time. 

While I'm pretty healthy, I'm much less physically fit than I was last time. I'm thinner (which is probably too thin but have been eating plentiful, healthy meals and snacking whenever on whatever my heart desires). My thyroid acted up post-partum. It was mildly hyper for a while, then mildly hypo. Is it affecting my fertility? Will it cause a miscarriage? I'm over 30 now, so my fertility is decreasing and risks are increasing. 

I started charting again this month so that I can quell some of those fears. My cycle is a bit shorter recently which is kind of nice (more chances to try!). Temping is a bit less reliable because I haven't been sleeping well the last two weeks but it is what it is. I think the link on my page should still work if anyone out there wants to follow my chart. 

We plan to start next month - we were still preventing this month. I'm so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment