Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sick... and pregnant!

I haven’t written in a while because we’ve been incredibly busy and then my DS came down with something and had a fever so high the sweat was dripping out of his hair. It lasted for 4 days. It was a rough but I’m happy to report that he seems to be almost back to normal. On top of it, on DPO 10 I started feeling queasy at work. I was SO excited thinking that maybe there was a hormone rush because I was pregnant and totally convinced myself that it was “good” pain. Sadly, when I got home that night, I had the worst cramping in my stomach and bowels I think I have ever had – it honestly felt like early labour – and then turned into violent vomiting and diarrhea which continues today (only the diarrhea part - sorry TMI), 15 DPO. My temp had been high but I assumed I had a fever due to the sickness and was 100% convinced that there was no way I would get a BFP this month… it just didn’t seem possible given what my body was going through. Then 14 DPO came along and no regular AF cramps… and no AF. I told DH that if it didn’t come by 15 DPO that I would test in the morning just to put myself out of the misery of wondering “what if?”.

I woke up 15 DPO, temp’d and it was 37 degrees. I’m feeling better today and expected that if AF was coming, it would be falling down to around 36.5. I couldn’t fall back to sleep after that… I waited until DH was in the shower and quickly did an HPT. It did not take long for the test line to come up, even before the control line showed. Before 3 minutes was up, the test line was brighter than the control line. I am still in absolute shock. I was so certain we would be trying again next cycle. I was shaking like a leaf. I ran and opened the door to the bathroom DH was in and shoved the test in his face. It was, of course, met with a huge smile and kisses for me and for our DS.

I’m so happy my heart just might explode…. Unless that’s just the gas rumbling around in my belly – seriously, I hope I feel better before I get morning sickness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment