Tuesday, May 20, 2014

TTC #2 – Cycle #1 TWW

I'm dropping in for a quick update now that I THINK we are in the two week wait. The reason I say I think is because this is usually around the time when I ovulate, I had a temp spike today and although it’s not as high as it normally goes it is more than .2 degrees Celsius than where I’ve been hovering for the last week or so, CM turned thick, white and sticky today and CP is a bit higher and definitely more firm compared to quite soft and swollen feeling the last couple of days. FF hasn't confirmed it but if I'm correct, I obviously O’d a day later than I anticipated based on the prior month when it happened on day 13. Perhaps this is due to the thyroid meds? I’m not sure. I guess I’ll have a better idea tomorrow based on what my temp is in the morning. I’m not holding my breath on a BFP this month because I realize the odds of conceiving decrease the further away from ovulation that you BD. We BD’d on Saturday night and I O’d on Monday so it is possible albeit less likely. As far as odds of conceiving a girl I’m sure they are even better given the lag between BD and O. Now we’re into the waiting game but I’m already thinking about what I’ll do next month. Mainly continue temping, lots of greens and dairy and am also considering taking magnesium and calcium supplements. I’ve read a few places now that those can help to decrease pH and therefore increase the odds of a girl.

The more I think about having a girl, the more I’m feeling anxious about it. It would just take the pressure off to have a girl this time around. Then we’d have a boy and a girl and going for a third could be based on more logical criteria vs. it being an emotional decision because I want my girl.

Unlike in the past when I planned to wait to test until after my expected period or before that only if I had some very obvious signs that I could possibly be pregnant, I’m likely going to test next Friday May 30. We have a family reunion on the weekend and if I get a BFN then I won’t feel guilty enjoying a glass of wine and conversely if I am, I will steer clear from it entirely, obviously!!

As a side note. We were recently in the US for a quick shopping trip and HPTs are SO MUCH cheaper there. Like, whoa! I got 2 first response tests for less than $9. If memory serves me correctly, they’re more than double that in Canada. My girlfriend told me the dollar store sells HPTs but I’m not sure how accurate they would be 3 days before my expected period (for my last pregnancy, I tested at 11 DPO and it was positive so I’m hoping it would be able to detect it that early again) so I’m going to stick with the more expensive one that I know works for this round given the circumstances. In the meantime I’m going to try to relax for the next week or so and then I’m sure I’ll be on high alert for implantation spotting which I had last time at 10 DPO.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment