Saturday, July 28, 2012

Healthy Breakfast - Berry Smoothie

As you all know veggies and all food healthy is really not appealing to me right now so I'm trying to pack in some nutrients where I can't really taste them, just like all our Mom's did to us when we were kids.

One of my favorite things for breakfast in the summer are smoothies of all kinds. I have a magic bullet so they aren't very big but it's fast, easy and very healthy!

Today I made a berry smoothie because that's all I had in the house to use. I made two and each one contains:
Handful of blueberries
Handful of raspberries (shocking, I know)
Half an avocado
As much spinach as I could fit in the top
A scoop of whey isolate vanilla protein powder
A good chug of vanilla almond milk (usually I would use plain but we only had vanilla - I probably bought it mistakenly thinking it was original)
A splash of V8 pomegranate and blueberry juice

It was pretty tasty. It's the first time I've used avocado in a smoothie and it was awesome - you don't taste it at all but it makes it so creamy, especially considering that I didn't have any bananas or yogurt today! I will definitely be doing that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment