Thursday, May 1, 2014

Friday Flashback - Intro & Overwhelming Happiness

I was remiss in documenting the end of my first pregnancy and my son's birth and there are some pieces that I would like to have written down before I forget them altogether. So, I've decided to do a series of flashback Friday posts. These likely won't be incredibly detailed stories or emotionally supercharged because they haven't been written in the moment... but I'll be happy to have them written down regardless. Here goes...

After we found out around 18 weeks that the pregnancy was healthy, the mild oligohydramnios that was observed in the first ultra sound had either resolved itself or was an error, we set out to tell everyone. To be honest, I was absolutely overjoyed to be pregnant from day 1 and had no idea that I could feel any MORE thankful or happy than I had already been feeling, but then we started sharing the news and that thankfulness and happiness took on a whole new level. This baby was so much to so many people, not just to DH and I and it didn't even have a name or a face or even a gender yet... The look in my grandmother's eyes when I told her she was going to be a great grandma for the first time. The size of my sister's eyes when she found out she would finally be an aunt. My Mom announcing to everyone that "we" are having a baby! My sister-in-law gushing about how wonderful it will be to have a baby around again. It was everything I had hoped for but so much more... So, so, so much more. Every day I felt thankful that I was so lucky to be having this baby, to be experiencing pregnancy and that I was able to give this experience to my family - the people I love the most in my life. I always knew they would be happy, but I didn't expect it would be so overwhelming. To this day it's one of the things that stands out in my mind when I think about my pregnancy, and is something I'm reminded of every time my I get to see my family interact with my son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment