Saturday, May 17, 2014

The "Norgasm"

We've been busy doing the BD this week. I expect to ovulate on cycle day 13  which is Sunday, so according to what I've read we should do the dance 1-3 days before my ovulation date to conceive a girl so Saturday was the last day we were going to try. Originally I planned for Friday to be the last day because I thought earlier would be better but neither of us was feeling all that great on Friday so it just didn't happen. The more I've read about TTC a girl, the more I'm realizing I could have done more if I had considered it earlier but too little too late. If we don't get a BFP this month then maybe I'll do more next cycle but that's a post for another day. What I really wanted to write about was this concept of the "Norgasm" that I read about as one thing to do for conceiving a girl. Basically it means for the woman to NOT orgasm during sex to try to conceive. Evidently, orgasm causes a release of basic (ie. not acidic) fluid to be released in the vagina which is more conducive for the survival of male sperm than for female sperm.  Sounds reasonable. But then again not at all. I mean, that's HARD to achieve, or erm, not achieve. 

I guess I'm a pretty lucky girl in that my husband knows exactly what will send me over the edge and he enjoys getting me there (and may explain why baby #1 is a boy?). I couldn't tell him that I wanted to norgasm because I feel like that takes a whole lot of the fun out of it. Wouldn't it be a little awkward? Anyway so try not to orgasm when your husband is doing everything he knows how to do to get you to orgasm. It is hard because clearly in the moment you want it too! 

All that to say that 2/3 times in my fertile window I was successful with norgasming but it was difficult and not so much fun. The last time, I actually faked one so my DH would give it up. Now I want to pounce him again to finish the job but I'm restraining myself. TMI? Sorry. 

Here's hoping that my cycle stays consistent this month so the planning and norgasming pays off and that we get our BFP. Even better would be a BFP with our little girl. I'm feeling hopeful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment