Friday, August 22, 2014

CD1…

…was yesterday. AF arrived before bed on Wednesday night, not long after I POAS. It is such a strange sense of relief and disappointment. Am I right? I’m suddenly not a crazy person anymore, but I’m obviously upset because I feel like we did everything right and yet we did not get the desired results. Regardless... exiting the TWW is freeing.

Anyway. Moving forward…

I’m trying to be strong mentally and to be optimistic. Visualization and all that jazz. Healthy eggs and healthy sperm catching an egg! I’m drinking tons of water again and have decided to stop drinking even the decaf coffee I was drinking in the morning. I had also been having a small glass of wine here and there and am going to quit that altogether too. Salads every day at lunch. Giant spinach salads, sometimes seaweed and kale too. Healthy smoothies for breakfast + overnight oats and berries. Trying to be diligent about my iron pills (my iron is sooo looww) and still taking my prenatal vitamins + extra folic acid. Had my thyroid levels re-checked yesterday, hope to have results soon just to reassure me that all is well or so we can adjust as necessary. Being nearly 2 months out from the miscarriage now, having what seems like a regular AF, and making sure all my ducks are in a row (so to speak) on the baby making front will help me get into the right frame of mind so I’m not psyching myself out and feeling stressed and making things worse instead of better.

I’m a little type A if you can’t tell. But it’s nice to have a plan, especially one that has been successful in the past. Here’s hoping that my body gets the memo and actually ovulates in a reasonable time frame (I’m still not convinced I actually ovulated last cycle… doesn’t make sense that I would have had such a short luteal phase) and we get a sticky one out of our efforts.

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment