Tuesday, August 19, 2014

The Dip – 9DPO

My temps dipped below the coverline this morning, to 36.61 celsius. I have no idea what to think about it. While I’m fearing the worst and thinking that perhaps my chart was misinterpreted and AF is already on its way, I can’t help but scour fertility friend for samples of pregnancy charts showing an implantation dip. I guess I just have to wait until tomorrow to see what happens… will my temps rebound or are they tanking? Overall even post ovulation, my temps are much more erratic than they have been in the past… possibly still a result of the miscarriage? My coverline is also higher than I’ve ever seen it (by about .25 degrees celsius!) and my temp on 9DPO is lower than it usually is. It’s amazing how much info I feel like I have, and yet it’s not enough to even venture a guess at the outcome.

Some stats from an informal study done by fertility friend:
-11% of ovulatory charts had dips that did not result in pregnancy
-23% of ovulatory charts that resulted in pregnancy included a dip

Of course, I guess it’s not really a “dip” unless my temps rebound tomorrow…

DH asked me last night if I thought we would get a BFP this cycle to which I responded “I don’t know”. He told me to take a guess and I said I’d be optimistic, and based on how consistently we BD’d and how lucky we’ve been to conceive quickly in the past, I would go with yes. He went with yes too. Now I’m waiting for the disappointment. On the bright side, at least I haven’t burned $10 by unnecessarily POAS… yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment