Thursday, June 7, 2012

10DPO… good news or bad news?

This morning I woke up and temp’d like I usually do except instead of my temp staying flat like it has been the last week or so it was up almost .2 degrees Celsius. (take a look at my chart from the link on the right!) The house was at our regular temperature, about 21 degrees Celsius but during the night I stole all the covers from DH so I attributed it to my being nice and cozy warm all night. I went and brushed my teeth, part of my regular morning routine, but while I was doing that I had a bit of a rush of “wet” feeling down there which was very surprising considering this is generally the driest part of my cycle. I checked CM and although it was what I would usually classify as sticky, it was brownish.

Bad news?
AF is coming way early and I have an LP only 9 days long???

Good news?
Implantation??

At first I was thrilled, I was so excited thinking this must be it. I had no cramps yesterday which I usually get the day before AF. Now I’m feeling twinges but nothing intense like usual AF. And I’m afraid of going to the bathroom and seeing red. I drank a large mint tea this morning and I need to go but I just don’t want to because I'm not ready for bad news, it's too early for bad news.

I’ll post another update later when I work up the courage and/or if anything changes.

******
Update: 11:39 am.
I'm thinking and thinking again.... it doesn't make sense to have a temp spike and AF, does it? I have never seen that in a chart. I'm so busy at work and don't have time to creep charts!! Cramps a bit more evident now but just on and off... I didn't prepare myself for AF this early.... But I'm not even sure if she's coming. I don't feel it yet... and usually when AF does start, I get red streaks right away, not just brown. Oh dear... going to be a long day. (I know I sound like a crazy person... but I can't help it, this is what is going on in my brain right now!)

******
Update: 11:45 am
I went to the washroom and there is no sign of AF yet. A bit of a relief.

******
Update: 6:11 pm
AF is nowhere to be found (yet!). No more brown tinge. Cervix has disappeared on me completely. I can't even reach it - this is new, I've never not been able to reach it. I feel a bit like I'm having hot flashes today. Having said that I've been sitting in sunny room so even though the air conditioning is on I think it's still a bit warmer than usual. My hands are cold to the touch but my face is on fire. I would also suggest that my stress/excitement over the events of today have me off kilter, not to mention that work has been stressful today too. Trying not to read into it too far. Not sure I'll be able to wait until 18DPO to POAS if this keeps up though....

4 comments:

  1. It all def sounds promising!!! I literally have my fingers crossed while typings, no seriously, haha its taking a bit longer and I look a little bit ridiculous, but if it gets you that BFP this cycle - I'm A-OK with it! :) Best of luck and can't wait to see how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan! I got a visual image in my mind from your description and lol'd!! My blog ladies will probably be the first people in the world to know how this turns out, regardless of the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked your chart this morning before work and I practically peed my pants. I would put my wage on a triphasic temps with implantation spotting. In fact, you are sounding quite textbook as cervix is supposed to go high, soft and closed. Mine went really quite fat and swollen in pregnancy. LOL! Hurry up and test already!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I'm not sure if peeing your pants is a good idea but thank you so much for the excitement!! I'm not ready to test yet... I have no symptoms today and I think I'll have more fun this weekend thinking there's still a chance than getting a BFN and being upset about it... I dunno.

      Delete