Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday, Monday

I hate Mondays, but even a stressful Monday morning can’t ruin my mood since I got my BFP on Saturday. It’s pretty hard to believe that I’m actually pregnant considering I still don’t feel different. I was out shopping on the weekend and I really wanted to buy another package of HPTs so I could keep POAS and seeing that yes, it’s true, I am pregnant, but I didn’t. Now I’m sort of wishing I had because my temp dropped this morning and it’s kind of freaking me out considering AF would be due tomorrow. I think I should stop temping so I don’t worry more than I need to every time there’s a fluctuation but now I feel compelled to temp again tomorrow so that I can (hopefully) see my temp go back up? On the other hand, I don’t really believe in false positives, especially in this case because my 2 lines were so bright, there was no mistaking it for a negative test. The lines came up immediately, I was trying not to look at the test during the 3 minutes you’re supposed to wait but I could see the lines in my peripheral vision while I was washing my hands!! They’re still there this morning (yes I still have it, can’t bring myself to throw it out yet).

My bbs are a bit tender, sometimes they just feel a little like they’re bruised (if that makes sense), and maybe a little heavier feeling, but I probably wouldn’t notice except for the fact that I’m expecting them to be sore. Yesterday I was e-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d!! DH and I didn’t sleep at all on Saturday night, I think we were too excited to sleep! I’ll write another post on how I told him the news, although, don’t get too excited because it’s not a good story lol. I considered waiting until Father’s day but I knew he was anxious to know, it felt unfair to make him wait.

I called and made an appointment with my family doctor for tomorrow morning. She could have seen me this afternoon but I’m working about an hour outside of the city and I have an insanely busy day, it would have been challenging for me to get back to the city AND get my work done today. I hope I get to do a blood test to confirm the pregnancy and make sure that all my levels (I don't even know what levels lol - hcg??) are where they should be for this stage in the game.

2 comments:

  1. Oh throw away that thermometer. Once you test positive, throw it away. You'll just stress yourself out. Only way that the dip is going to be a bad thing is if it is a chemical pregnancy i.e. implantation happened and HCG started being produced but the genetics were no good and it self aborted. That's the reason they say not to test until you're late but really, nobody listens to that. lol!

    Yup HCG is what she'll test. Hopefully one on the day you see her and then another in two days to make sure those numbers are double. :-) I reckon you'll be fine though.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome news!!! Congrats - I'm sorry I have been away from my computer all weekend! You should go check out my blog, because guess what, we're BUMP BUDDIES!!! I got my BFP on Sunday!! :) I'm the same way - I have POAS for the last 3 days "just to make sure" - haha. I haven't taken my temp since I found out though, figured I was good there - lol. I may take it tomorrow just to see what it looks like. Yay! So excited for you!!! Congrats & Cheers to a happy & healthy 9 months!

    ReplyDelete