Monday, June 4, 2012

Feeling normal – 7DPO (or 8DPO?)

Woke up this morning wishing that I was nauseous. I think being nauseous is the worst feeling ever but it would have been nice. Instead I woke up like I do every other Monday with absolutely nothing weird going on. Starting to lose hope for this cycle despite my optimism last week that we did everything right and that I would get my BFP. Maybe it’s just the Monday blues?

I made a mistake Friday night. I told a friend (who isn’t even a close friend) that we are trying. She and her hubby are trying and are not making any secret about it and it felt great in the moment to just let it out – I am not very good at secrets. It was also nice to actually talk to someone live about their plans. Now all I can think of is how green with jealousy I will be if she gets her BFP on her first try and we are still waiting for months to come. Obviously I want her to be able to get pregnant right away, like I hope for all women, but it would still be upsetting for me. Ideally we’d get our BFPs around the same time and I would have a friend to have play dates with while on mat leave!! I’m hoping that it doesn’t get around to all our friends – DH was VERY surprised that I let the cat out of the bag, although he is very understanding and is really letting me lead the TTC process and do what I am comfortable with so he wasn’t annoyed that I gave away our secret.

At 7 DPO (or 8 maybe, depending on your interpretation of my chart) I’ve got no unusual symptoms. My temp is still up but is constant. I read that sometimes you will see a triphasic pattern if you get pregnant (ie. get another temp spike after implantation). According to FF I should be expecting AF Tuesday or Wednesday next week. 8 or 9 more days!!

5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh reading your post. I totally remember wishing that I would wake up with some kind of "punch you in the face" obvious sign that I was pregnant. Reality is that often the signs are very, very subtle or don't really emerge until AF is due or a little late when the HCG levels start taking off. Nausea actually doesn't typically tend to appear until the six week mark when the foetus starts to share a bit of circulation. Of course, some people are super sensitive and swear they know from conception. That in itself isn't as crazy as it seems as the fertilized egg releases progesterone so "can" contribute to some signs prior to implantation... of course that's often a retrospective thing and inaccurate to gauge given that often eggs are fertilised but don't implant properly or at all.

    Anyway, yapping on a bit here. The point being, don't worry to much if you're not getting amazing symptoms at this stage. Remember that implantation typically is only occuring around now so HCG levels are negligible and hence, don't create many fireworks.

    Chart wise, triphasics are not as common as the old implantation dip. We are talking like a massive crash really early that would make you think AF will be there in the morning. Alternatively, sometimes the dip is small but there is a really big rise the day after. If you go and stalk the chart gallery you'll see what I mean. Again though, having or not having it doesn't guarantee anything!

    I can relate to how you are feeling about this friend of yours. Chances are that she may be feeling the same way about you... In fact, she may even come to regret being so public if it turns out she has problems... Wish I had some awesome advice about that but I don't. I kind of sucked at keeping my head to together when pretty much everyone in my TTC group fell pregnant and started popping out their babies before we even saw a BFP. Think I said it to Steph but the first time is always harder.

    Hopefully, all the above discussion is moot because you're going to be waking up on Wednesday morning going "Where is my AF!? Oh look at that! BFP!" ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh.. sorry.. seems I'm a little too good at posting essay comments..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thoroughly enjoy & appreciate your essays!!! Keep 'em coming :)

      Hubs says he doesn't think I'll have any symptoms. Guess I just need to be patient for another week or longer.

      Delete
    2. FWIW, your chart looks really good. Those temps are holding nice and steady. Sure it isn't a nice implantation dip but I've seen many that go from erratic up and down all over the place to perfectly consistent on a pregnancy cycle. If that were my chart, I'd be feeling pretty chuffed. :-D

      Delete
    3. Thanks Fitness Fiend :) I feel like it's a pretty chart, but as the over-thinker that I am, I am now wondering why it's so flat! I don't think I've ever seen a chart that has stayed so constant for so many straight days.

      Hubs remains adamant that I'm PG and won't feel a thing. I hope he's right. More waiting!

      Delete