Friday, May 25, 2012

Busted

So sorry for falling off the map this past week. I have been a busy girl and have been using any energy leftover at the end of the day to work on my resume and talking to some of my mentors about that internal position I mentioned. Which I decided last night, not to apply for. It’s too long to write about on here, but in the end, I think I’m going to leave the firm altogether and it doesn’t really fit into my loosely-defined career goals. As exhausting as it can be to be thinking about a career change, it’s been a good reprieve from thinking about TTC every waking moment. But if you have been checking out my chart you will see that I was still alive and still temping! I am really enjoying it, I get a strange satisfaction from looking at my chart, like I’ve done something really good even though I haven’t really done much at all. Can you relate? You will notice that I discarded one of my temps…While I was away on the weekend I got up to go the bathroom probably about an hour before I actually got up, not thinking about what time it was or anything and then my temp was high and I didn’t think it was representative so I discarded it.

Back to the title of this post! As you know my family doesn’t know we are TTC and I was concerned that my beeping thermometer every morning (10 beeps!) would tip them off that something was going on. Unfortunately I was caught before it was even time to use the thermometer. I was staying in the guest bedroom so as I was going to bed I put the thermometer in the top drawer of the bedside table so that if anyone came into the room they wouldn’t see it lying around. Our dog was in my room with me and my Mom came up to get her and I was complaining that I am starting to get allergies and was quite congested (side bar – I have never had allergies until now, I am 29, why are they arriving now?). So Mom helpfully offered me some allergy pills which were IN THE TOP DRAWER in the bedside table. She opened the drawer and said “Oh, a thermometer. I guess you’re uh… checking yourself. Well, I knew it was in the plans eventually”. I had no words. All I could think of was “busted”! haha. Then she walked out. My mom is one of my best friends now that I’m older and I was surprised she dropped it so quickly. Although she did make a few other comments when I was talking about eating healthy such “oh yes, it’s a good idea to get your body healthy, just smart, really” that I think (hope) nobody else caught on to!

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you were definitly BUSTED! I told my mom we were {Pre} TTC but now I sort of regret it, every time I talk to her she asks about it. I'm like "Mom - I will tell you when something good happens" - yikes!

    I also get a satisfaction of checking my temps - I think its fun and I love to see how they change each month. It's fun :) Best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just didn't want the pressure of being asked all the time if it doesn't happen within our first few tries - it will be stressful enough without everyone else watching and waiting an asking questions!

    ReplyDelete