Sunday, May 27, 2012

Lovely weekend and feeling good

I am just popping in for a quick update! We had a beautiful weekend here in Toronto and even got up to the cottage for a day. I may have drank half of hubby's beer while we were there. I had been pretty religious about avoiding alcohol but I figure half a glass here or there while we are TTC shouldn't hurt. It was so good for the soul to be out of the city even though it was for just one day.

I'm on CD14 and have been having EWCM for the last 2 days. At least I am pretty sure it is CM and not semen. I've been trying to record my CP as well but it's kind of a difficult thing to do in the first month because I don't have a point of reference yet, so it's hard to say whether it's high or open or medium and medium. So I'm recording my best guess for this month. What I do know is that it is definitely moving up, getting softer and feeling more open than it was at the beginning of my cycle.

Overall I am feeling strangely calm and optimistic about this cycle. I think I felt a lot of pressure to conceive the first month just because it seemed everyone else was doing it (haha I know that sounds sort of ridiculous but looking back on it now I did feel that way). Now that it obviously didn't happen, I am somewhat more comfortable with just doing what we can and temping and hoping for the best.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear/read that you are doing and feeling well. :-) Was just writing over at Nine Month Project about how it takes a cycle or two for CP. Who knows, you may not even need it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not! We'll know soon-ish (not soon enough!).

      Delete
  2. I hoping the best for you this cycle! I haven't ever checked CP, It sort of creeps me out - haha. I know it's a natural thing I just haven't built up the confidence or comfortablity (if thats a word) to do it. Possibly next cycle. Glad you had a great weekend! Praying this is your cycle - get it girl, get it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit unsure about the idea at first but decided to try it, I figure any insight would be nice and it helps to support what I'm seeing (or not seeing!) in my temping. I usually just check in the shower (sorry I know TMI but if you find it a bit gross it seems less gross in the shower?).

      Delete