Monday, May 14, 2012

Confession

I broke down and took an HPT late last night, CD31. Hubby has been asking me daily if I think I am pregnant and yesterday I told him we could take a test to see. We went out and bought one (actually two – First Response) and BFN. Am I really surprised? No. Disappointed? Absolutely. Discouraged? I would like to say no, but I am a bit deflated. More than anything it’s the long cycle that I find frustrating because it makes me feel as though there is something wrong since I was so regular before. Why did I suggest we test? I had what felt like my regular cramps that announce AF’s pending arrival but I had them Friday, Saturday and a bit again yesterday, but still no AF. Usually I get them only the day before she arrives. My bbs are a little tender but truthfully, I never paid much attention to them before so it could be that they always feel this way. And then on Saturday DH opened a can of tuna and it almost blew me away how much it stunk and it usually doesn’t bother me all that much. That and because I didn’t know when I ovulated this month and thus no idea when to expect AF so I thought it couldn’t hurt. The sad thing is that the waiting continues. Lots of waiting in this game! Waiting now until AF arrives – I hope she hurries up!

On a brighter note, we had a wonderful weekend. I really am very fortunate to have such a thoughtful and loving husband. I think he knows the waiting was making me a bit nuts so he made sure we were busy all weekend (kind of funny to think that eventually it was his impatience that resulted in us just testing!). He took me out for a nice dinner Friday night, Saturday we met with friends for dinner and yesterday we tiled our laundry room floor together. It was nice to spend some one on one time with him. I think the one thing that scares me most about having children is that I will have to share him with someone else. So selfish, I know but I can't help it, he's been exclusively mine for over 10 years.

Onwards and upwards! Happy Monday to all my TTC ladies.

****End of day update for my ladies*******************************************************
Just to be upfront with you, I absolutely stalk your blogs and am seriously thinking about you and your journeys almost as much as I'm thinking about mine. So, in the event that you're even remotely as involved in my journey as I am in yours, I thought it would be nice of me to post this update. AF is here and I am happy to see her! It means I can stop waiting and start planning again. Hip hip hooray!  (Kind of wish I had waited one more day and saved myself $10 on the HPT! lol)

CD 32 is now Cycle #2, CD1. Happy to be boarding the roller coaster again.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds you like you have a keeper there, your husband is so supportive & there for you - thats awesome! :) And you may still be pregnant, just possibly ovulated later than you had thought? Hugs & Prayers girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am keeping him!! He is the best!!

      Not pregnant! See my update in the post above. Ready to start again though. Hunting down a thermometer tonight!!

      Delete
    2. I just saw your update - but hey, at you least you get start fresh with a new cycle!! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh woah! My DH has NEVER asked if I'm PG. Although he does always check if we are DTD at a "good time" which is about how I know that he's into the TTC thing.

    Sorry to hear that it didn't work out this time. Wish I had some magical advice about the late ovulation thing but all I can say is that I know that there are a lot of ladies who do and don't have anything wrong or trouble getting pregnant.

    You can get really cheap HPTs off eBay. I find them really good. Last time the internet cheapie picked it up at the same time as the FR test. :-)

    Good luck for this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DH pretty much assumed it would "work" the first time we tried so he was certain I was PG. I think because when his brother announced their pregnancy with their first born it wasn't an announcement like "we're expecting a baby" and rather was more like "I knocked her up first try!". That and he is pretty in tune with me so if something is consuming my energy and attention he becomes involved too - I think he was trying to put me out of my misery of waiting lol.

      I'm feeling better about my cycle now - 31 days is pretty normal I think. I was just worried I might go beyond 36 days / frustrated not knowing what to expect.

      I will definitely look into the cheap HPTs off eBay. Is there a particular brand that is good?

      Delete
  3. At least your new cycle is here now, you can have new sense of hope. All the best for this cycle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I feel refreshed and ready to go again. Thanks! :)

      Delete
    2. PS - I added you to my blog roll!

      Delete